The domain muscarina.com is available for purchase. This domain is the Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese word for muscarine. Despite not being an English word, muscarina and muscaria are often used interchangeably when searched.
Muscarine, as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, is a quaternary ammonium base, C9H21NO3, found in the fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) and certain other fungi, which is a poisonous alkaloid which mimics the neurotransmitter acetylcholine causing nausea and vomiting, bradycardia, and copious secretion by the mucous and sweat glands.
Muscarine has medical uses for complications such as glaucoma, dry mouth, ileus, megacolon, and urinary retention. When used in a non-medical setting this alkaloid is toxic, but there are known antidotes such as atropine.
Contrary to popular belief, Amanita muscaria only contains trace amounts of muscarina (muscaline). However, Amanita was named after this alkaloid because it was first isolated in this fungus. Other mushrooms such as Clitocybe dealbata contain higher concentrations of muscarina.
The most active ingredients in Amanita Muscaria are known to be ibotenic acid and muscimol. Ibotenic acid is a powerful neurotoxin that has medical uses for brain lesions. Muscimol is considered the ‘psychedelic’ ingredient of this mushroom, it can induce synesthesia, euphoria, a dream-like state of mind, out-of-body experiences. This alkaloid compound is found in one the most recognisable mushrooms in the world Amanita muscaria. This white speckled and Christmas-red mushroom is the subject of many legends and fairy tales.
Muscarina.com, why by this domain?
- This is a short, 9 letter domain.
- This is a dotcom domain, the most desired of the generic domain extensions
- This name is easy to say and recognise and has an international appeal.
- According to Google Keyword Planner, the terms muscarina and muscaria both get about 1,000 to 10,000 searches per month; the term muscarine gets between 10,000 to 100,000 searches per month. All of the terms have low competition and would have lower advertising costs if the new owner advertises. Likewise, if the new owner conducts search engine optimisation with this domain, there is a chance that this domain could rank for all three keywords.
- On archive.org, this domain has had a previous history as personal poetry site in Spanish and also a short-lived forum. The latter entries where a domain parking page. This site was not used for spam, adult content, or any other illicit content. This means there is should be no penalty for future search engine optimisation efforts. There are 51 records between April 5, 2002, and November 4, 2018, saved on archive.org for muscarina.com
- This domain has some historic backlinks which could be useful for search engine optimisation, however, this is subject to change. It has a trust flow of 3 and a citation flow of 5, its trust flow ration is .6 which is considered average, and is therefore not recommend to use this site as part of a private blog network.
- Muscarina.com is indexed by Google.com, this means that are no search penalties keep this domain out of the Google search results.
- Muscarina.com has 15 years of whois records and 18 years of nameserver records, this means that muscarina.com is an aged domain. Older domains are said to have a better chance of ranking in search engines over domains that have been registered for the first time.
What can one use the domain Muscarina for?
As of 2020, there is a psychedelic drug renaissance, so there is keen interest in the medical use of compounds such as muscarina. Here are some ideas for this domain:
- A pharmaceutical drug name for the safe, patented version of muscarina.
- An edgy fashion brand can be named muscarina.
- Alternatively, a provocative beauty brand can be called muscarina.
- An online store selling nootropics or alternative health products.
- A psychedelic advocacy organisation.
- Muscarina can be used for any artist (musical or visual) whose art might be influenced by Amanita muscaria.
- An eCommerce shop that sells psychedelic clothing or gear.
- Sell artwork based on Amanita Muscaria mushrooms
- A pharmaceutical company selling the byproducts of A. muscaria, such as muscimol, ibontenic acid, and muscarine.
- An online curiosity shop selling unique and rare gifts.
Before you buy Muscarina.com, please read:
It is important that you check trademarks in your country and in your business classification before buying this domain.
- If you are in the United States, please check: Trademark247.com and US Government Trademark site. Otherwise, check the registrars in your country. This website is a useful resource: https://www.wipo.int/directory/en/urls.jsp
- To understand trademark classifications, watch this youtube video. This video shows how the same trademarks can exist across different verticals or classifications.
- Learn about ‘trademark bullying‘ by reading this article. Here are some common trademark bullying tactics listed on the web site:
– Demands that the alternative owners cease with the trademark in significantly different products or services.
– Declares (wrongly) that it has a monopoly over the mark.
– Subversively expands its services or products to declare it has a right over other classifications, despite any evidence of this.
– A trademark bully may be misguided in their belief that their trademark is too famous, and asserts that other trademarks in different classifications hurt their brand.
The current owners of muscarina.com are not in vertical where the term is trademarked.
References and Credits:
- Header photo credit unsplash.com/@michaeloeser
- “muscarine, n.”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://oed.com/view/Entry/124004?redirectedFrom=muscarine (accessed July 23, 2020).